Our decade-long, uninterrupted presence in challenging and high-risk environments such as Afghanistan, Syria, Niger, and Iraq – to name a few – enables us to safely and responsibly access and monitor development interventions on behalf of our clients.
Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) refers to the use of an independent monitoring agent to follow and assess projects that are considered high-risk or contentious, or where access may be difficult and dangerous.
We leverage technology-based and proven MEL solutions to:
- Act as the ‘eyes and ears’ of our clients on the ground where they may not have access
- Gather monitoring data or validate data from our clients or their implementing partners
- Help save on costs by providing efficient monitoring, thus, enabling more frequent oversight
- Verify quantitative and physical outputs of our clients’ interventions
Our ability to access and operate in high-risk areas is not by coincidence; it is by design, and made possible due to:
- A well-established operational local presence thanks to our field teams and local partners
- Local stakeholder network of governmental and non-governmental organizations, think tanks and academic institutions, unions and associations, and community leaders
- Deep insights on the ongoing conflicts and political environments and the related impact at the regional, national, sub-national, and community levels
- Awareness of local sensitivities and dynamics